Friday 1 May 2009

FCBD

It's free comic book day tomorrow and Blackest Night #0 has definitely caught my eye. I'm a bit of a Green Lantern fan, it's space opera at its finest, and I'm really looking forward to the Blackest Night series. This issue promises to be a direct run in to Blackest Night #1, which in itself is rather exciting and probably an excellent marketing ploy by DC. It also, quite brilliantly, includes a guide to the entire spectrum of corps that you should expect to find in Blackest Night. There was a simpler time when lanterns of the green variety where the only ones you needed to be aware of, but there are now corps of pretty much every colour you can think of, each with their own nuances, allegiances, and aims. So if you're planning to read Blackest Night this summer but don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Green Lantern mythos this looks to be an excellent introduction.

My excitement is palpable..... but unfortunately I'm needed at the fish factory tomorow and at the moment still don't see anyway of actually being able to make it to the comic book store. If I just had a power ring of my own I could leave a suitable copy of myself at my desk like in Emerald Dawn II....

No comments:

Post a Comment